Ford Ranger Features
The Ford Ranger delivers a bold new front end, a redesigned interior, packed with innovative new features. What hasn’t changed is Ranger’s exceptional safety credentials and range of cab styles to suit every need.
Take the rugged with the smooth
A tough truck doesn’t have to mean a rough ride. The new chrome grille and more muscular front end makes the Ranger look more powerful than ever. Inside, the priority is space, comfort and functionality.
The legroom in our Double Cabs makes life more comfortable for your passengers. Its large doors and positioning of the rear pillar also makes it easier for them to get in and out, or for you to get bulky work gear in and out.
Multi-tasking is a big part of any job. With your phone connected, you can ask SYNC™ to make calls or even read your text messages to you2. Whilst our next generation SYNC™2 in Ranger XLT and Wildtrak models lets you continue to work.
800mm water wading1
It’s not only on dry land that Ranger proves that it can take you just about anywhere you need to go. A river-taming 800mm makes sure there’s very little that can come between you and getting the job done.
Built tough. Built smart.
Tough needs to be backed up by common sense safety and Ranger is engineered to deliver outstanding safety across the range. Ford Ranger’s reinforced safety cell is supplemented with the protection of up to six airbags, including side curtain airbags. Combined with the comprehensive Dynamic Stability Control program’s intelligent safety features like Trailer Sway Mitigation and Traction Control, Ford Ranger is designed to provide you with peace of mind.
Big, strong chassis
The Ranger combines an ultra-high-strength steel chassis and a superior suspension design to deliver a strong, smooth ride.
 Achieved when maintaining a steady speed of 7kms/hr.
 Local laws may prohibit use of text messaging features. Check your local laws before using this feature.
Features of the Ford Ranger
- New improved 2.2L and 3.2L TDCi Turbo Diesel engines. An extra 8kW of power and 10Nm of torque gives our 2.2L TDCi engine more grunt than ever. Whilst our next generation super powerful 3.2L will please with the extra kilometres we’ve built into its fuel economy.
- This might be a truck but Ford’s famous driving dynamics still apply. This includes the effortless manoeuvrability EPAS delivers in all types of conditions. Steering is light and responsive for city driving and when parking, and firmer and easier to control.
- When you idle, you’re using up fuel going nowhere. So when you’re stopped at lights or stuck in traffic, your engine shuts off. When you want to drive off the engine starts smoothly and immediately, helping you to drive further on less fuel.
- Using the road markings, sensors can detect when you begin to drift out of your lane unintentionally. If you do, the steering wheel will begin to vibrate to warn you. If you don’t return to the lane, steering torque is applied to guide the Ranger back.
- Parking couldn’t be easier, even in crowded cities. From your higher seating, the rear view camera gives you a clear vision of what’s behind you, while front and rear parking sensors help you park with confidence.
- With 20+ storage spaces in the new Ranger, there's room for everything. Enjoy a laptop-sized glovebox, front and rear door pockets, a mobile phone holder, sunglasses holder, key tray, under seat storage, seatback pockets, and more.
- Concentrate on the road, and not on adjusting controls, especially in bad weather. Rain-sensing wipers turn on as soon as they detect rain, and automatically adjust their speed to match the heaviness of the downpour.
- A light installed in the cargo tray gives you all the light you need to get on with the job, no matter what time of the day or night6. But there’s more to your job than just loading up the tray.
- Take back control on steep inclines and sandy and other loose surfaces with e-Locking Rear Differential2. Locking the rear wheels helps you gain the best possible control over challenging and uneven terrains where it can be difficult to keep both rear wheels on the ground.
- With up to 3,500kg5 towing capacity, you can confidently take on the biggest jobs. Especially with Ranger’s Dynamic Stability Control automatically adapting to changing loads to provide greater control.
 Not available on XL Plus models.
 Standard on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models only.
 Braked towing capacity on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models when fitted with a Genuine Ford Tow pack and Tow Ball. Subject to state and territory towing regulations.
Our engineers designed the Ford Ranger to be tougher and smarter. They then set out to prove it was even tougher and smarter than they’d imagined with a series of experiments that pushed Ranger to the limit. Watch ‘The Science of Truck’ as we explore the extreme limits of Ranger, so you don’t have to.
Colours and trims displayed here are a guide only and may vary from actual colours due to the display process. Contact us to confirm colour availability for each model.
Interested? Call Jeff Wignall Ford on 03 8781 7200
Book a Test Drive
If you are interested in the Ford Ranger, the best way to experience it is with a test drive.
Book a Test Drive
We're here to help you with your vehicle financing needs, whether personal or business, new or used.
Get the very latest brochure on the Ford Ranger.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more from the team at Jeff Wignall Ford please feel free to get in touch with us.
Get in Touch